At two years old, L didn't do many "crafty" projects, but I loved the simplicity of these two thanksgiving crafts that we did-- the styrofoam ball turkey and the button indian corn craft. These are crafts that even two years later, we have kept and bring out during the Thanksgiving holiday.
L loves looking at the things he made when he was "little."
Styrofoam Ball Turkey
What you Need
Wood Craft Stick (cut in half if needed)
Construction paper or felt in yellow and red (for the beak and wattle)
1. Paint the styrofoam ball brown and let it dry
2. Poke your craft stick into the ball.
3. Rub the ball on the table or squish it down a bit to make it flat on the bottom so it will stand upright when finished.
4. Let your child poke the feathers into the back of the turkey
5. Glue on the eyes, beak, and the turkey's wattle and let dry
Button Indian Corn Craft
What you need
Two pieces of construction paper-- Green/white or yellow
1. cut the separate corn shapes from the construction paper.