After deciding to stop straightening my naturally curly hair, and receiving these 10 Amazing Tips for Curly Hair, I have been shampoo-free (no-poo) for a few months now and I am absolutely loving my curls! I've been using a Homemade Baking Soda Curly Hair Cleanse in place of shampoo and it has made the world of difference in my curls!
In my shampoo days, my main curly hair complains were
1. That with my hair being longer, the weight of my curls caused the crown of my head to be less curly so it was straighter at the top, more curly on the bottom
2. How much product I had to use in my hair to get it looking "decent" and then there was always the dilemma of the fine line between not using enough product and having frizzy hair, or using too much and having "crunchy' curls, or an over product look of wetness...not good.
Homemade Curly Hair Cleanse Recipe
1 quart of boiling water + 1/4 cup baking soda
Stir and let cool
|I found the recipe HERE, at On Just a Couple Acres. |
Visit this wonderful blog for more natural curly hair care
and other lovely wonderful things!
The biggest differences i've noticed since going no-poo and using this homemade curly hair cleanse are...
1. My hair is curling better on the top..more volume
2. I'm having to use MUCH less product to get it to look "good"
3. I can go much longer between washes without it looking oily
4. My hair looks thicker and fuller!
Not that my curls are necessarily beautiful, but I am finally SO content with them, that I feel like when I look in the mirror, I DON'T HATE THEM...I LOVE THEM (well, most of the time)!
and THAT is a beautiful thing!
I've had a lot of questions about using this mixture for on straight hair. I honestly don't know how it would work for other hair types. This shampoo and even going No Poo also may not be the right thing for all curly hair types either, although many have had success with both!
Here though, i'm simply stating my experience and own opinion, although if you try it I do hope it works as well for you!
Tips on How to Use
-I squirt only my scalp area all over the top and then massage my scalp. Then I rinse and let the cleanse run down the rest of my hair. This gets it plenty clean and keeps the ends from becoming too dry.
-I've also started using an apple cider vinegar hair rinse, which works great as a conditioner and makes my hair shiny! Using JUST the baking soda cleanse can leave your hair dry if you don't condition, so It also balances out my hair's PH.
It's super easy and is just 1 part apple cider vinegar to 1 part water. While showering, just spritz on your hair after using your shampoo, let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse.
For lots more tips on how to get beautiful healthy curls
click on the photo below!
Visit my Homemade Beauty Remedies Board on Pinterest!
Follow Play Create Explore on Pinterest!
More Ways to Follow the Fun!